Emma Culbert, president
Linda Jones, secretary
Rats – Report them, please
We need to make sure the city is aware of our issue. Please call 311 or make rodent complaints on the web
Rats in the subway should be reported to 511 or use the email form on the MTA website. Be sure to include the subway station where you observed rats in your complaint.
Intercity Bus Complaints
Keep logging your bus complaints! Call 311. If 311 is unable to log your complaints, then do so here
You can find the updated monthly list of bus companies with permits and locations at NYC DOT here (PDF).
Compost your food trash rain or shine! There are two Commuter Compost Drop-Off sites:
- Grand & Clinton: Mondays and Fridays 8:00AM – 11:00AM (Location: Southwest corner of Grand Street and Clinton Street)
- East Broadway: Wednesdays 8:00AM-11:00AM (Location: Southeast corner of East Broadway and Rutgers Street)
Volunteer in Seward Park
Work in the garden any Saturday 10-12. The Seward Park Conservancy welcomes volunteers.
Become a member of the Seward Park Conservancy. Go to the Seward Park Conservancy website and click “Support us”.
Community Board 3
You can sign up to receive the CB3 Calendar every month here. Click “Join CB3’s Mailing List.”
CB3 Committees of special interest to SPaCE members are:
- State Liquor Authority
- Transportation and Public Safety
- Land Use, Zoning, Public and Private Housing
- Parks, Recreation, Cultural Affairs, & Waterfront
- Economic Development
Essex Crossing Construction Issues
You can get email updates on Essex Crossing by signing up: